RubyScript2Exe transforms your Ruby application into a standalone, compressed Windows, Linux or Mac OS X (Darwin) executable. You can look at it as a “compiler”. Not in the sense of a source-code-to-byte-code compiler, but as a “collector”, for it collects all necessary files to run your application on an other machine: the Ruby application, the Ruby interpreter and the Ruby runtime library (stripped down for your application). Anyway, the result is the same: a standalone executable (application.exe)
1. Install ruby — Latest version Ruby1.8.6 available from http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/
2. then goto command prompt and run the command
c:\ruby\gem install rubyscript2exe
3. In case u don’t have net connection then download that gem file and use the following command.
http://rubyforge.vm.bytemark.co.uk/gems/ this link will help to download rubyscripttoexe.gem file
then paste that gem file to c:\ruby\bin\PASTEHERE
Goto command prompt c:\ruby\bin\gem install rubyscript2exe
Now your machine is ready convert one ruby file to exe.
4. If u want to convert c:\test\example.rb file to exe.
Then goto command prompt just run the following command
c:\test\rubyscript2exe example.rb -w
5. Now u look ur folder c:\test. The new exe file placed on that window.
Just double click that exe. Now you are ready to publish that exe to all.
1. Run the EXE file –> There is no need to install ruby.
2.No nees to install gems also.
3. Watir – ( Web automation testing in Ruby ) This gem plays as a major role in Rubyscript2exe.